Over the last 2 years, I’ve been on a mission to review and rate the most popular seed banks, so you know which ones are legit, and which ones are shady.
These reviews are based on over 500 hours I’ve spent researching different online seed banks, plus lots of feedback from customers.
Here are the best seed banks that I’ve reviewed…
🏆 Best Seed Banks 🏆
- 🏆 Best Seed Banks 🏆
- 1. ILGM (I Love Growing Marijuana)
- 2. Weed Seed Express
- 3. Seedsman
- 4. MSNL Seeds
- 5. Crop King Seeds
- 6. Herbies Seeds
- 7. Sensi Seeds
- Worst Seed Banks (Avoid)
- How To Spot A Reputable Online Seed Bank
- Tips When Ordering Cannabis Seeds Online
- Frequestionly Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts – Best Seed Bank Reviews
1. ILGM (I Love Growing Marijuana)
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Ships to: USA, UK, EU, AUS, NZ
- Shipping time to the USA: 4 days
- Discount code: Get $5 off with THXFROMROBERT$
I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM) deserves its place at the top of this list.
They don’t have the largest collection of strains. However, the strains they do offer are very high quality and mostly bred in-house.
ILGM’s seed prices are a little higher than most of the seedbanks on this list, but they offer some benefits that many reputable seed banks do not:
1. 100% Germination Guarantee – Their germination guarantee really sets them apart from other seed banks. In the event that your cannabis seeds don’t germinate, they will happily replace them for free. I’ve even read about them replacing whole orders, even if only one seed fails. Even if your seeds germinate but then fail further down the line (usually due to grower error) they’ll give you a nice discount on your next order.
2. Delivery guarantee – ILGM is so confident that your order will arrive that they will re-ship your seeds for free if your order doesn’t arrive for any reason.
3. Awesome customer service – ILGM hands down have the best customer service out of all the seed banks I have used. When I email them, they usually reply within 15 minutes and are extremely friendly and helpful. I’ve ordered from many companies that think it’s OK to never reply to customer emails, so this is vital to me.
4. Promotions – ILGM doesn’t have the best promotions, but they do have a buy 10, get 10 free offer. If you purchase 10 seeds, they will match that by giving you 10 seeds free of charge. This is an amazing deal but might not be for everyone, as buying 10 ILGM seeds is usually well over $100!
5. Fast US Shipping – Shipping is also lightning fast (and FREE). Even though ILGM is based in Europe, they also ship from a US warehouse. That means US and EU orders are delivered on average within 4-6 days. However, please note that ilovegrowingmarijuna.com DO NOT deliver to Canada or the UK.
Check out my full ILGM review
2. Weed Seed Express
- Based in the Netherlands
- Worldwide Shipping
- Shipping Time To USA: 5 – 15 days
- Free seeds with every order
Weed Seed Express is a popular new seed bank based in the heart of Amsterdam in The Netherlands and is fast becoming one of my favorite seed banks to use.
They offer fast, worldwide shipping and a large selection of high-quality stains.
Customer service is a top priority for them and it really shows from all of the happy customers on Trustpilot.
Their seed prices are competitive and they’ll ship to the United States discreetly in as little as 5 days!
The only negative thing I can say about this new seed bank is that they have not yet established much of a reputation, so time will tell if they become one of the top-rated seed banks in the world – things are looking good!
Check out my full review of Weed Seed Express
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Ships to: Worldwide
- 25% Bitcoin discount
- Discount Code: get 10% of your order with sorry10
Seedsman is basically the Amazon.com of seed banks, with a huge selection of low-priced strains (and questionable customer service)
Here’s why I like using them:
1. Strain Selection – Seedsman has the largest selection of strains that I could find online (over 4,000! at the time I wrote this) this means they can act as a kind of one-stop-shop (similar to Amazon) so you don’t have to create multiple accounts for different seed banks.
2. Low Prices – Seedsman has some of the lowest-priced strains I could find online. For example, a 10 pack of white widow feminized seeds costs around $64, with 10 similar cannabis seeds at ILGM and MSNL costing $119.00 and $100 respectively.
3. Promotions – To add to their low prices, Seedman has a solid loyalty points program and lots of amazing promotions that can reduce the cost of your order even further. You also get at least 3 FREE seeds when you spend above $30, which is a very nice bonus.
4. Germination guarantee – If any of your cannabis seeds don’t sprout, you can contact Seedsman and they’ll work with you to send out a replacement. However, keep in mind that Seedsman will only replace your seeds if you live in a country or state where it is legal to germinate them.
Although Seedsman is cheap, their shipping time to the US is usually pretty slow (up to 20 days) and their customer service isn’t the best.
So if these things are important to you, use a seed bank like ILGM instead.
Check out my full review of Seedsman
4. MSNL Seeds
- Website: www.marijuana-seeds.nl
- Location: London, UK
- Shipping: Worldwide
- 15% Bitcoin Discount
- Discount Code: Get 10% off your order with DONTGO10
MSNL is a well-established UK Seed bank that has been around since 1999.
Large Strain Selection – MSNL is another seed bank with a huge selection of strains
Inexpensive Seeds – MSNL seeds are also very low priced. In general, they do tend to be a little more expensive than Seedsman, but regular sale prices can often make their cannabis seeds cheaper.
Fast Shipping – MSNL has fast, worldwide shipping to the US and Canada, taking an average of 6-10 days to arrive.
Customer Reviews – Customer reviews about MSNL are mostly positive, as you can see by their high Trust Pilot Rating.
The one thing that disappoints me with MSNL is that they don’t offer any kind of germination guarantee. If your cannabis seeds don’t germinate, then they take no responsibility and won’t send you replacements or issue a refund.
Check out my full review of MSNL
5. Crop King Seeds
- Website: www.cropkingseeds.com
- Location: Quebec, Canada
- Shipping: Worldwide
Crop King Seeds is based in Canada and has been in the game for almost 15 years.
Canada seems to have a patchy record when it comes to online seed banks, but Crop King is one of the best.
The strains that crop king sell have been carefully cultivated in the house to ensure quality.
80% Germination Guarantee
They also offer a fairly decent germination guarantee (80%)
Fast Shipping To Canada
However, the main advantage that Crop King Seeds has over other seed banks is fast shipping times to Canada.
With some orders being delivered in as little as two days. Shipping anywhere outside Canada or United States costs $30, so should be avoided.
I find that Crop King Seeds cost slightly more than other seed banks.
10 White Widow Fem seeds cost rough $140 (inc shipping) compared to $64 at seedsman and $99 at MSNL – both of whom ship to Canada.
Not Many Promotions
They also don’t seem to offer any promotions or freebies as many other seed banks do…
Overall, I would recommend Crop King if you live in Canada and need your cannabis seeds delivered FAST.
However, if you live elsewhere, there are probably better places to buy your seeds.
Check out my full review of Crop King Seeds
6. Herbies Seeds
- Website: www.herbiesheadshop.com
- Location: Alicante, Spain
- Shipping: Worldwide
- Fast US Shipping
- Germination Guarantee
- Regular Promotions
- Good Customer Service
- Free seeds
Herbies was founded in 2000 and is based in Alicante.
Similar to Seedsman, Herbie’s stock a large number of breeders strains (over 2,000)
Promotions / Freebies
Herbies prides itself on its promotions and freebies.
They regularly offer freebies and have lots of promotions every day that can help lower the cost of your order.
Most Herbies customer reviews specifically mention the freebies as a big plus.
I love to see seed banks that care about customer service, and Herbies have built up a strong reputation as a company that cares about its customers.
Most customers report fast and friendly replies to any issues that they face, and they enjoy a high TrustPilot score, too.
Although they don’t specifically mention it on their site, Herbies is known to happily send out replacement cannabis seeds if the ones you order fails to germinate.
You simply need to fill out their warranty claim form.
Seed prices are quite a bit more expensive than Seedsman or MSNL for similar strains.
For example, a pack of 10 White Widow feminized cannabis seeds costs around $120, whereas the same 10 seeds at Seedsman cost $70.
However, it seems that Herbies like to apply big discounts to orders the more you spend with them:
- 5% off orders over 100 euro
- 10% off orders over 200 euro
- 15% off orders over 400 euro
This probably explains why their seed prices are higher than other seed banks.
Check out my full review of Herbies Seeds
7. Sensi Seeds
- Website: www.sensiseeds.com
- Location: London, UK
- Ships to: EU
- Shipping time to EU: 2-10 days
- Strong Reputation
- No Germination Guarantee
Sensi Seeds is one of the biggest names in the cannabis seed industry.
Sensi has won numerous Cannabis Cup awards and is a renowned brand worldwide.
Though their prices are a bit higher than other cannabis seed banks, you know you are getting some of the best genetics in the world when purchasing from Sensi Seeds.
Most reviews for Sensi Seeds are positive, though some report being unsatisfied with the quality of their cannabis seeds or not receiving their order.
Customer service seems a bit wishy-washy, though it does appear typically they try their best to resolve any issue as quickly as possible.
Your order is packaged in a discreet, unmarked envelope. There are no logos or advertising present on the packaging, making it virtually impossible to tell what is inside.
If you are lucky enough to live within the EU, you can expect to receive your order within 2-10 business days from the date your payment is processed, depending on which shipping option you chose.
Check out my full review of Sensi Seeds
Worst Seed Banks (Avoid)
Unfortunately, there are a lot of seed banks out there that have a bad reputation and are best avoided.
Here is a couple that I recommend that you avoid.
1. True North Seeds
True North is a large Canadian Seed Bank.
Although they are undoubtedly a legit business, they have a very poor customer service record and are best avoided.
If you are looking for a Canadian seed bank, then Crop King Seeds is a much better choice.
Read my full True North Seed Bank review
2. BC seeds
BC seeds had a bad reputation a few years back for scamming customers. They disappeared from the internet and then relaunched recently as a site that redirects users to other seed banks.
This is a fake site – avoid
Read my full BC seeds review
How To Spot A Reputable Online Seed Bank
Reputable seed banks all have the following things in common
- Responsive customer service
- Some kind of germination guarantee
- Delivery guarantee
- FREE cannabis seeds
- Lots of promotions
- Loyalty points program
- Fast shipping
- Bitcoin discount
- Lots of payment options
- A high rating on review sites like TrustPilot or Seedfinder
Tips When Ordering Cannabis Seeds Online
Here are my top tips when buying seeds online.
Tip #1. Get Seeds For FREE
Many cannabis seed banks offer seeds for free when you spend a certain amount with them.
Seeds are expensive so this is something I like my seed bank to offer.
Top 10 seedbanks Seedsman, MSNL, and ILGM all offer free seeds.
Tip #2. Buy Feminized Seeds
Only ever buy feminized seeds.
I can’t stress this enough.
They might be a little more expensive than regular seeds but 100% worth it.
You’ll have fewer duds when germinating and spend less time waiting for new seeds to be delivered.
When I first began growing, I used regular seeds because they were cheaper and it was a huge headache as many were duds.
Tip #3. Get Faster Shipping
Shipping times seem to be top gripes in growing forums.
That’s because most of the cannabis seed banks are in the EU while most growers are in the US or Canada.
If shipping speed is important to you and you live in the USA, buy from a seed bank that ships from the US (like ILGM) or a Canadian seed bank like Crop King Seeds.
Tip #4. Customer Service
I always like to choose an online seed shop that has good customer service.
Even the best seed banks will sometimes send orders that get lost or send seeds that don’t germinate.
When this happens, it’s nice to know the seed bank you ordered from has good customer service and will take care of you.
Top 10 seedbanks like ILGM, Seedsman, and MSNL have good customer service.
Tip #5. Small Test Order
Whatever Seedbank you choose, always order a small number of seeds first to test out how the seed bank performs in terms of shipping and germination rates.
This also helps spread the risk if you’re worried about discretion.
Tip #6. Pay With Bitcoin
Bitcoin is anonymous, safe, and secure.
It’s therefore perfect for this type of transaction and the method of payment that most seed banks prefer.
Many marijuana seed banks offer incentives to purchase your marijuana seeds with Bitcoin cash, so it’s definitely the recommended payment method.
Frequestionly Asked Questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about online seed banks.
Are There Any Seed Banks In The US?
Unfortunately, the simple answer is no. The reason for this is that companies don’t want to navigate complicated cross-state cannabis seed laws and up in legal trouble. Hopefully, this will change in the near future, but for now, all of the good seed banks are located in Europe.
Is It Safe To Order Seeds Online?
Yes, hundreds of people do this every day. In most counties and states, cannabis seeds are not seen as illegal. Most reputable seed banks will offer a delivery guarantee. In the event your seeds get stopped at customs, you will most likely only receive a letter.
Please note that this is not legal advice.
What Seed Bank Has The Best Genetics?
This is tough to answer, as many seed banks produce very high-quality genetics. The best genetics are usually a matter of personal opinion. However, I can vouch for ILGM’s genetics being first class. Give gold leaf a try and you won’t be disappointed 🙂
Are Seed Banks Reliable?
Yes, a few online seed banks are very reliable, and even have 99%+ success rates in delivering packages. However, it’s important that you buy seeds from trusted seed banks that have an excellent track record. There are lots of shady seed banks out there.
Is Australian Seed Bank Legit?
No. Although they seem like an Australian-based seed bank, they simply redirect you to other European seed banks when you go to the checkout. Therefore, they are considered a legit seed bank.
Do I need an account to purchase seeds?
No, most seed banks will allow you to complete checkout as a guest without having to register an account with them.
Are Online Seed Banks Legit?
It’s a question I get asked a lot by readers via email, and here’s what I usually reply with:
Unfortunately, the answer is both YES and NO. While there are many legit and reliable seed banks out there, there are also seed banks you should avoid at all costs. Cannabis seeds are a prime target for scammers because most customers are unlikely to report their issues to the authorities.
Final Thoughts – Best Seed Bank Reviews
Purchasing cannabis seeds online in the US can seem a little daunting at first.
However, as long as you buy from a reputable online seed bank, you will be absolutely fine.